- Me: Hey! How are you? Having a good time? You look GREAT.
- J: Oh I am having a blast.
- Me: Can you dance?
- J: Oh yeah. But I can only chacha. *starts to chacha for the rest of the night*
- Me: Why aren't you dancing?
- J: I'm tired. I just got back in town.
- Me: From where?
- J: A world tour. With my band.
- Me: Oh. What's your band called?
- J: I don't have a band. But I have a record deal.
- Me: Oh yeah?
- J: Yeah. How old are you?
- Me: Fifteen.
- J: OH. I'm 16.
- Me: Are you?
- J: I never age.
- Me: How long have you been 16?
- J: Four years.
- Me: Oh. I see.
- J: Yeah. Actually I just got back to earth from the war.
- Me: That's hardcore dude.
- J: Pretty much. I'm the only person still alive in my family. My parents died when I was ten months old.
- Me: Aww man. I'm so sorry.
- J: Yeah. Now I live with my grandparents. In a castle.
- Me: Do you now?
- J: Yeah. They are going to send me back to the war if I don't find a girl to be in a relationship with.
- Me: Ah.
- J: Are you sure you're fifteen?
- Me: That's what my permit says.
- J: Oh. permit to what?
- Me: Drive. What did you think I meant? Kill?
- J: Oh I have one of those.
- Me: Alright. It's the last song. Nice meeting you!
- J: Alright bye! I love you.
Good grades or sleep?
College or memories?
Now or then?
Friends or schoolwork?
Success or enjoyment?
Extracurriculars or the ability to relax?
College credit or free weekends?
Sleeping or writing?
Being editor or being a CNA?
Can I still enjoy something when I feel like a failure because I’m being constantly yelled at?
Can I keep at something I’m getting progressively worse at?
Can I go through two weeks of two-a-days to have a chance at doing something that I love?
Can I ever measure up to people with natural talent?
Can I stay focused on why I’m doing these things?
Can I live up to what I’ve already shown people I can do?
Can I ever reach the standards I set for myself?
How am I going to deal with all of this pressure?
I really just want to be her.
My my my.
It’s all just sunshine and butterflies.
It took seeing someone else’s pain to get me to be optimistic about this.
But as of now I’m so so so glad it happened.
I love seeing her happy again.
Being able to tell her “I’ve been through this, you will live…”
So I didn’t get to go to the show.
Well, I have the most epic best friend of all time.
Who crowd surfs. And gets on stage. And steals guitar picks. And gets famous people to write songs about her. And takes my money to buy me merch.
I hate the drama. Luckily I’m not a part of it. But it still bugs me when people I’m tight with get hurt in all of it.
CANT WE JUST ALL GET ALONG.
no. It’s high school. Durr.
Oh the drama.
And when did my teachers get funny?
I would love this year to end though. It’s been by far the worst. And the stress of AP is killing me. Eep.